Thursday, January 16, 2020

Toy Machine Skateboards Monster Skateboard Deck Review


There is one company that I remember above all others in the world of skateboarding. It was the first major skateboarding company that I saw an ad for, and it was in Big Brother magazine. That brand? The Bloodsucking Toy Machine Skateboard Company. That’s right, the Ed Templeton company, and today we are going to be looking at one of my personal favorites from their line up, the Toy Machine Skateboards Monster Skateboard. This is their classic skateboard deck, and I for one am always going to be wanting to have at least one of them in my inventory. This is a board that you are either going to love or dismiss, but for me, it brings back memories of the original Bloodsucking company, Toy Machine skateboards.

The Size and The Shape

The Toy Machine Skateboards Monster Skateboard comes in a variety of sizes, but for the sake of this review, we are going to be discussing the 8.5 x 31.75 skateboard model. This one is for the modern skater, the ones that are using larger boards to get through the tough rock spots, and hit rails. This is a team branded skateboard from Toy Machine, and I personally love the monster character. This is from the 1990s releases of the brand, and it is still one of the best selling skateboards from Toy Machine skateboards. The size is large, 8.5 is a wider width, and I personally like that for vert. I learned how to skate a mini-ramp with this type of board, so if you’re down with transition, then this is going to be the type of board that you want, in terms of width. Length, it’s a standard size, not too long, not too short, a standard solution.

The Look and Appeal

The biggest appeal on this board is the fact that it is a throwback to early Templeton graphic styles. The mascots for the Toy Machine skateboarding company is well worth exploring, especially since they are coming from a fine artist in Ed Templeton. With that in mind, you have to appreciate what you get when you pick up the Toy Machine Skateboards Monster Skateboard. This is a monster board, with the graphic style that you have come to expect from Toy Machine, and of course Ed Templeton. I for one have one of these hanging on my wall, because it reminds me of my childhood and teenage years.

Overall Rating For The Toy Machine Skateboards Monster Skateboard

Every time we get to this point I want to say that I don’t have a star rating. I don’t know if anyone cares about that, but in my case, yes, give this a five star treatment. It has good pop, medium concave, and it has the monster Toy Machine skateboards graphic. You’ll love the way this one feels under your feet, and it can be a cruiser as much as it could be for the world of street skateboarding as well. I for one appreciate the overall design, style, and look. Toy Machine skateboards is one of the better brands anyway.

You can pick up the Toy Machine Skateboards Monster Skateboard by clicking here, and get free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment