Monday, January 13, 2020

5Boro Skateboards VHS Shinya Nohara Pro Deck Review


Few skateboard companies represent skateboarding and their city like 5Boro skateboards. They are truly one of my favorite skateboarding brands, and I’ve collected several boards from them across several months, and years. Their latest release had me thrilled because it’s a throwback to something that is near and dear to my heart, vhs tapes. 5Boro skateboards put out a series of skateboards that were all featuring VHS blank tape options, and if you’re a fan of the era, then you know the style. I used to tape a lot of things from television, as well as pro wrestling, and much more on blank tapes, and it’s quite good.

Today we are looking at 5Boro skateboard’s Shinya Nohara VHS tape deck, and it immediately caught my attention due to the throwback VHS style that I love.

The Size and The Shape

Skateboards in the modern era are usually popsicle style. Not sure what that is? Then don’t rely heavily on the notion. Instead, understand that they all have a tail and a nose, and they are rounded, for the most part. Cruiser decks, long boards, and others are not, but this is your standard multiple ply hardwood skateboard with a nice pop and medium concanve. The 5Boro skateboard’s release of the Shinya Nohara pro model has it set at 7.75 x 32. That’s my old size skateboard, and while I don’t ride such a smaller board, it still has some great flipping capabilities. It’s a good size for moderate, to pro skateboarders, adults, and teens. I wouldn’t start a kid with this size, but then again, it depends on the kid.

The Look and The Appeal

As you look at the various options that you have in your local skateboard shop, you’re going to want to take a look at what you are going to get in terms of graphic. Yes, the graphics are going to get scratched off, but for us collectors and hoarders, as they call us, you’ll find that the graphic is what appeals to the buyer and the senses. In regards to 5Boro skateboards, they do a great job of emulating what VHS tapes looked like, while still maintaining that skateboarding style. The look and appeal overall is classic, and will definitely sit well on your shelf, under your feet, or on the wall like I have in my home.

Overall Rating For The 5Boro VHS Shinya Nohara Pro Skateboard Deck

The 5Boro VHS Shinya Nohara Pro Skateboard Deck is available now, but it’s part of a series that is being sold out fast. If you didn’t pick this one up yet, or any of the other decks from 5boro, then you’ll really want to take into consideration picking this up from 5boro skateboards. As for my rating, do you really care? I give it a 5, like I do with all decks, and as for a ride, it’s a great board if you’re a street skater, but I would not recommend it for cruising or vert, but that’s my two cents.

Buy and Collect Skateboards Below


You can purchase the 5Boro VHS Shinya Nohara Pro Skateboard Deck, as well as other boards from 5Boro Skateboards by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment