Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Element Skateboards x National Geographic Skateboard Deck Review



When I was a teenager I subscribed to National Geographic. I wanted to be a photographer for them, and I thought for sure one day I could hack it. I didn’t ever become one of their employees, but I still have an affinity for the magazine, and the work that is done by their corporation. Suffice to say, when I saw that Element skateboards was going to be partnering with them, I jumped for joy. They have several decks released with the collaboration, and I wanted to highlight two of them from the Element Skateboards x National Geographic collection. These two boards have different graphic design elements, but they are similar in shape and size, and they are worth taking a look at, if you’re a fan of both Element skateboards, and of course National Geographic. I for one am a huge fan of the products that are being released with the Element Skateboards x National Geographic collaboration, and recommend that everyone takes a shot at checking this out overall.

The Size and The Shape

Usually, when I write reviews of skateboard decks, I look at the size and the shape of one board, but in this case, I’ll be talking about two boards from the Element Skateboards x National Geographic collaboration, which means there’s slight differences. The main difference in this regard is that between the Eye Quad deck and the Molecule Deck. They are 8.0 x 31.753 and 8.25 x 31.9 respectively, and they are meant for street and vert alike. I like the shapes and they have the classic hardply layers, and of course the nice Element skateboards pop. They are durable, and ready to skate the streets or ramps, but you have to remember these are more of a graphic design triumph, so you may want to put them on your wall. I for one have been picking up the collaboration for my wall, since my home is basically a museum of skateboarding goods and services.

The Look and The Appeal

The overall design of the Element Skateboards x National Geographic collection is that it takes the images from the magazines and adds a little bit of the Element skateboards design. If you’re already a fan of either brand, then you’re going to appreciate the way that the two work together to form a nice uniform, even though it’s really a matter of catering to the National Geographic branding if you ask me. The overall style is great, the size and the shape is good, and they definitely seem like works of art, not just pieces of wood to skateboard with. I for one am enthralled with how the Element Skateboards x National Geographic collection has come out thus far.

Overall Rating For The Element Skateboards x National Geographic collection Decks

Again, we are here towards the end of the review, and you are expecting me to give you a star or something. I am going to say that the Element Skateboards x National Geographic collection decks are great overall. They are a good overall set of boards for you to hang up on the wall or to ride. I am currently riding an Enjoi cruiser deck, but will most likely pick up an element board from this collaboration for my street ride as my Blind skateboard deck is a little too narrow for my taste. Either way, the National Geographic and Element Skateboards line up are quality boards, it’s good to look into, and definitely worth your time.

You can pick up Element Skateboards x National Geographic collection by clicking here, and of course checking out other boards with free shipping as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment